Advanced Income Tax Preparation – Level 2
|Short Description: Recent economic changes make it more important than ever for taxpayers to claim all of the credits and deductions due to them and to pay no more than the exact amount of taxes they owe. As a result, qualified tax preparers are in high demand
Advanced Income Tax Preparation – Level 2
30 hours/3 months/Instructor Support
Recent economic changes make it more important than ever for taxpayers to claim all of the credits and deductions due to them and to pay no more than the exact amount of taxes they owe. As a result, qualified tax preparers are in high demand.
Benefits of Becoming a Tax Professional
- Recession-resistant career
- Seasonal and flexible schedule - PT or FT hours
- Work for a firm or start your own business
- Enjoy a career servicing the needs of your clients
- Emphasis on problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Reduce your own tax liability
- Income potential is unlimited
The Income Tax School courses are your best investment.
- Curriculum is up-to-date, of the highest quality and written in layman's terms
- Prepare tax returns without dependency on tax software
- Immediate grading of all assignments and exams
- Textbooks provided with Basic, Intermediate and Comprehensive courses
- Instructor feedback and support provided
- Self study, all material is available online – 24/7-365 days a year
- Student forum available for Q/A and interaction with fellow students, FAQ section
- Career center available, including internship program
- Approved NASBA, IRS OPR for Continuing Education, Qualified Sponsor for CFP, SCHEV, CTEC, Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners
- State supplements are available for California and Oregon
- Certificate of Completion
- 10 Chapters, 3 Hours per Chapter
- Prior tax preparation experience/knowledge is required.
- This Course is designed to enhance the knowledge and experience of tax practitioners.
- Students normally enroll in this Course after completing the 10-week Comprehensive Income Tax Class and working at least one season as a tax preparer.
- This Course will give you the confidence to take on more complex returns by reinforcing your existing tax knowledge and building on it.
- This Course is also suitable for a veteran preparer who needs to refresh his/her skills.
- If you are an enrolled agent, accountant, lawyer, financial planner, business owner, experienced tax preparer, or just interested in increasing your tax knowledge, the Advanced Course will enable you to prepare more complex individual tax
- eturns. This Course provides the critical education and knowledge which make the graduates more competent and successful than their competitors.
- Advanced Individual Level II: Students will study more specialized areas of taxation in this course. This course covers mended returns, special needs and concerns for seniors, tax issues for high income taxpayers, net operating losses, special issues for Schedule D, tax issues for divorced and separated taxpayers, tax planning, savings strategies, updates, guidance in responding to the IRS, state returns and nonresident alien returns.
- Upon completion of this course a student will be able to complete specialized individual returns. Prior tax knowledge and experience are required for this course.
- The Income Tax School Advanced Income Tax Course Manual
- Federal income tax reference material Certificate of Achievement upon completion Course support from veteran tax preparers
- Our current courses are based on last year's tax law because this year's tax code is not finalized until December. We provide all students with a free Tax Law Update once the IRS issues updates.
- 3 months from date of registration.
CE Credit Eligibility:
- Earned Income Credit
- At Risk Rules
- Passive Activities
- Injured/Innocent Spouse
- Tax/Special Credits
- COGS/Business Start-Up
- Section 179
- Employee Business Expense
- Office in Home
- Auto Expenses
- Self-Employment Tax
- Statutory Employees
- Capital Gains/Losses
- Basis of Property
- Sale of Stock
- Installment Sales
- Rental Properties
- Sale of Business Property
- Estimated Taxes
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is strongly recommended. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Virtually all Windows-Mac-Linux hardware configurations and processors are acceptable.
- 1 GB RAM recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP or Vista and Mac OS X 10 and higher, most Linux distributions
- Web Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox 2 and 3 (previous versions will work also)
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 Safari is not currently recommended as it cannot display certain Moodle editing menus for both students and instructors
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media-click on the links below to download the latest versions)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Apple Quicktime
- Windows Media Player
- Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (use this if you don't have PowerPoint)