CIW Web Security Professional
72 Hours/12 Months/Instructor Supported
The CIW Web Security Associate course teaches you how to secure your network from unauthorized activity. This course teaches you about security principles, such as establishing an effective security policy, and about the different types of hacker activities that you are most likely to encounter. Individuals with these security skills can pursue or advance careers in many aspects of online and network security. Certification
The CIW Web Security Associate course prepares candidates to take the CIW Web Security Associate exam.
Candidates must have the CIW Web Security Associate and specialist distinctions prior to earning the CIW Web Security Professional Certification. This course includes a 32 hour, instructor led CompTIA Security+ course, a 40 hour self-study kit with access to online practice exams from CIW, and an exam voucher. Once the candidate earns his or her certification in NTA and Security+, CIW will allow students to take the exam to earn the Security Professional Certification.
For a schedule of start dates, please visit; http://protrain.continuetolearn.com/#
- Network server administrators
- Firewall administrators
- Systems administrators
- Application developers
- IT security officers
- Skills Taught
- Corporate network security policies
- Authentication procedures, encryption standards and implementations
- Ports and protocols that hackers manipulate
- Proactive detection and response/reporting methods
- Preventing and managing hacker penetration
Today's professionals strive to perform competitively in a global IT culture by staying current with related skills and trends. CIW self-study materials are a popular solution for those who need to budget their time and expenses as they build new skills and knowledge. Most CIW self-study students are educated, working IT professionals pursuing personal development and career advancement.
The Official CIW Self-Study Kits include many tools:
Books - Course books for each major content area teach in-depth knowledge and skills with easily digestible narrative and hands-on labs. An Exam Study Guide provides condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams. A Companion CD containing supplemental files is included.
Practice Exams - Web-based CIW Practice Exams provide a personalized study plan to help focus your study and determine skills mastery as you prepare to take a CIW certification exam. Practice Exams feature multiple study modes for adaptive learning, personalized study plans and progress reports, study questions, reference tools, and simulations of actual testing processes.
Virtual Labs - Virtual labs are designed to teach, in an engaging manner, about the most important, cutting-edge concepts in Web design. The labs are easy to use and provide hands-on experience with the Web's most popular design software and tools in one easy-to-access location.
Additional online resources - Also provided is online access to movies, course review questions, exercises and flash cards. You'll have everything you need to prepare for your CIW certification exam.
Recommended System Requirements:
- You can be a PC user to take our courses. You'll need a Pentium II with Internet connection and a web browser (Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher).
- Basic dial-up Internet access is adequate but a high speed connection is recommended.
- Depending upon the course taken by you, you can either download the free trial versions of the software from the respective sites (the links of which are displayed on our Webpages of that particular course) or you can purchase the
- software from the respective software sites.
- Intel® Pentium® 166 MHz processor or greater
- 64 MB RAM minimum, 128 MB recommended
- Minimum video resolution of 800x600, with 16-bit color
- Internet Connection
- Connection speed of 40 Kbps minimum, 56 Kbps recommended
- Windows® 95, 98, 2000, NT or XP
- Valid Email address
- Supported browser versions: Internet Explorer (5x - 6x), Netscape Communicator 4.7 - 7.2
- Allow cookies