|Short Description: This course will enable you to prepare individual tax returns for the general public, including individual taxpayers who operate sole-proprietor businesses. At the completion of the course, you will be able to complete most individual non-business and small business (self-employed/Schedule C) tax returns and research tax issues. This course will provide the educational foundation necessary to successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam (Wage and Non-business Income Form 1040 Examination).
Tax Pro Business Package-Comprehensive Course
6 Months/60 Hours/Instructor Supported
This course will enable you to prepare individual tax returns for the general public, including individual taxpayers who operate sole-proprietor businesses. At the completion of the course, you will be able to complete most individual non-business and small business (self-employed/Schedule C) tax returns and research tax issues. This course will provide the educational foundation necessary to successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam (Wage and Non-business Income Form 1040 Examination).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare most business and non-business individual tax returns
- Pass the IRS Competency Exam
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute income for Schedules C, E and F
- Determine depreciation deductions and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
Tax Pro Career Package Includes:
- Comprehensive Tax Course (Covers all IRS Exam Topics)
- Bonus Student PDF Flip Book (optional hard copy available for fee)
- Bonus Guide to Starting a Tax Business and Getting Clients
- Bonus Guide to Policies & Procedures for a Tax Business
- Bonus Practice Exam Questions for the IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer
- Competency Exam - Available Upon Completion of Tax Course
- Two (2) Certificates Issued: Completion of this course will satisfy your IRS 15 hour
- CE requirement for the current year, if needed
- 50% Off Following Year's 15-Hour CPE Package (Ethics and Tax Law Updates Available)
- Free Academic Support (Instructor Support Provided by Email)
- Access to Low-cost Tax Preparation Software Options
- 20 Three Hour lessons.
- No entrance requirements.
- Gives students a solid foundation in individual tax preparation, enabling you to complete all of the standard returns.
- Focuses on the majority of tax forms needed to complete tax returns for yourself and the general public.
- Acquires the knowledge and skills necessary to complete federal income tax returns and research tax issues.
- Requires at least two tax returns prepared for most chapters.
- The Income Tax School Comprehensive Income Tax Course Manual
- Federal income tax reference material Certificate of Achievement upon completion Course support from veteran tax preparers
- Our current courses are based on last year's tax law because this year's tax code is not finalized until December. We provide all students with a free Tax Law Update link in their online resources once the IRS issues updates.
- 6 months from date of registration.
CE Credit Eligibility:
- Adjustments to Income
- Electronic Filing
- W-2 & 1099 Forms
- Form 1040 (1040 EZ/A)
- Interview Techniques
- Filing Requirements
- Filing Status
- Exemptions & Dependents
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Due Diligence
- Child Care & Tax Credits
- Interest & Dividends
- Other Income
- Itemized Deductions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Sale of Real Estate
- Rental Property
- Capital Gains & Losses
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Education Expenses & Plans
- IRAs & Retirements Plans
- Kiddie Tax
- Tax Saving Ideas
- Farm Income
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is strongly recommended. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Virtually all Windows-Mac-Linux hardware configurations and processors are acceptable.
- 1 GB RAM recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP or Vista and Mac OS X 10 and higher, most Linux distributions
- Web Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox 2 and 3 (previous versions will work also)
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 Safari is not currently recommended as it cannot display certain Moodle editing menus for both students and instructors
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media-click on the links below to download the latest versions)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Apple Quicktime
- Windows Media Player
- Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (use this if you don't have PowerPoint)