Medical Office Assistant Certification
240 Hours/Instructor Supported/Textbooks included
Would you like to know more about the role of medical assistants? Are you interested in what medical assistant duties entail? This medical office assistant distance learning course can give you a thorough introduction about medical assistant duties and help you take the first step toward a new career as one of several types of medical assistants.
Also known as a medical administrative assistant or medical assistants, a medical office assistant performs a wide range of duties that are imperative to the smooth operation of a variety of medical offices. Medical assistant duties can include updating patient files, filling out insurance forms, coordinating laboratory services, answering phones, ordering and maintaining medical supplies and equipment, and more. You might also receive on-the-job medical office technology training. As the healthcare industry continues to expand, so does the need for medical assistants. Many doctor's offices have come to rely on the work of a medical administrative assistant who performs a number of important medical assistant duties.
Upon successful completion of our Medical Office Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position in a medical office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NHA national certification exam to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA).
Assistant Module 1
Professional and Career Responsibilities
Assistant Module 2
Assistant Module 3
Assistant Module 4
Assistant Module 5
Managing the Office & Employment
Textbook included with course:
· Administrative Medical Assisting, 6th Edition by Marilyn T. Fordney, Linda L. French, and Joan J. Follis
· Workbook to Accompany Administrative Medical Assisting, 6th Edition by Marilyn T. Fordney, Linda L. French, and Joan J. Follis
· Dorland's Pocket Medical Dictionary, 27th Edition -- Book and CD-ROM by Dorlarnd
Certification & Credentialing Requirements: This program maps to the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam. For more information on this certification exam please visit http://www.nhanow.com/med_admin.html
· Broadband or high-speed internet access is strongly recommended. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
· Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
· Virtually all Windows-Mac-Linux hardware configurations and processors are acceptable.
· 1 GB RAM recommended
· Operating Systems
§ Windows XP or Vista and Mac OS X 10 and higher, most Linux distributions
· Web Browsers
§ Mozilla Firefox 2 and 3 (previous versions will work also)
§ Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
§ Safari is not currently recommended as it cannot display certain Moodle editing menus for both students and instructors