Adobe Illustrator CC
32 Hours / 180 Days / Self-Paced
Adobe Illustrator allows you to create artwork that you can use for web pages or any print or electronic media. This course will give students a good overview of the tools and features of Illustrator. Students will create artwork using the various tools including the pencil and pen tools. Students will learn the various ways to apply color to their artwork. Students will work with layers, the 3D effects, and symbols. Students will need to have a copy of Illustrator. A 30-day trial is available for download.
ATTENTION: This course has a strict start and end date. When a student enrolls into this course, they will need to work with one of our Training Assessment Managers (TAMs) to choose a start date before they can be enrolled in their course.
- Students will identify the features of the Illustrator screen.
- Students will create and edit basic shapes.
- Students will use the pen tools to create drawings.
- Students will add color to their Illustrator documents.
- Students will work with text objects in Illustrator.
- Students will edit drawings using masks, blending modes, envelopes and meshes.
- Students will define and use symbols and edit their drawings using filters and effects.
- Students will use the Illustrator filters, effects and graphic styles in their Illustrator projects.
- Students will work with symbols, importing graphics from other sources and printing their Illustrator artwork.
- Students will create a project in Illustrator to demonstrate what they have learned in this course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.
** Outlines are subject to change, as courses and materials are updated. Software is not included with the purchase of the course, unless otherwise specified.
Students are responsible for the purchase and installation of the necessary course software. **