Adobe Photoshop CC
64 Hours / 12 Months / Self-Paced
This class will introduce the new user to the basics of working with Photoshop for retouching images and drawing. Students will be able to use various techniques for selecting in order to edit and retouch images. Students will be able to prepare images for including in a web site or for including in printed documents. Students will be able to edit images using the painting tools, clone stamp and drawing tools. Students will be able to create new images using the pen tool and the drawing and painting tools. Students will be able to create and edit images using layers. Students will need a copy of Photoshop. A 30-day trial version is available.
During this course you will learn more about how Photoshop can be used to retouch and restore digital images. You will learn how to correct, change and improve the color of an image, get rid of stains and scratches on scanned images, combine images, add special effects and filters to images and to create images using Photoshop artistic tools.
ATTENTION: This course has a strict start and end date. When a student enrolls into this course, they will need to work with one of our Training Assessment Managers (TAMs) to choose a start date before they can be enrolled in their course.
The Adobe Photoshop CC bundle includes 2 courses:
- Photoshop CC Introduction
- Photoshop Intermediate
- Students will get to know the Photoshop interface and do some basic photo corrections.
- Students will use the selection tools to select parts of an image.
- Students will work with Photoshop's correction tools to correct and enhance photographs.
- Students will create masks for hiding parts of a layer.
- Students will use the vector drawing tools to create paths.
- Students will use layer features to create images.
- Students will paint with the mixer brush.
- Students will create and edit 3D objects
- Students will prepare their images for print and for the web.
- Students will combine the techniques learned in this class to create a final project.
- Students will plan and organize their retouching procedures.
- Students will adjust the brightness and contrast of their images and manage and adjust color.
- Students will use layers to correct and manage their photo projects.
- Students will use selections and masks to make changes to part of an image.
- Students will use the Retouching tools to make changes to images.
- Students will identify how to create good scans and approaches for repairing problems.
- Students will convert images to black and white and colorize black and white images.
- Students will retouch portraits.
- Students will walk through the process of retouching photographs.
- Students will create a final project using what they have learned.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.
** Outlines are subject to change, as courses and materials are updated. Software is not included with the purchase of the course, unless otherwise specified.
Students are responsible for the purchase and installation of the necessary course software. **