AutoCAD 5 - Advanced Rendering and Customization
48 Hours / 3 Months / Instructor Supported
Learn advanced rendering and customization techniques for the latest versions of AutoCAD. This course covers lighting methods for day and night renderings, custom material creation, bump and opacity mapping, landscape objects, introduction to animated walk-throughs, and customization tools including the creation of custom commands and macros.
The delivery format of this course is via self-directed, video lectures and demonstrations, PDF manuals, and online support via web-based discussion groups and email support.
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Design Daytime Lighting Solutions with Sunlight Systems
- Design Nighttime Lighting Solutions with User Lights
- Create and work with Advanced Materials
- Create Custom Landscape and Entourage
- Create Realistic Lighting with Global Illumination and Final Gather
- Create Motion Path Animations
- Customize the User Interface
Students will be able to receive a free copy of the latest version AutoCAD from Autodesk (valid for three years) at the time of enrollment. Instructions on how to do this will be included in their welcome letter.
Lesson 1: Lights I – Overview of Lighting
Working with Sunlight Systems. Shadows and Shadow Types. Using Viewport Specific Sunlight.
Lesson 2: User Lights Overview
Working with Distant Lights. Faking Indirect Lighting with Point Lights. Custom Sunlight with Distant Lights.
Lesson 3: Attenuation and Light Intensity
House Project – Working with Point Lights. House Project – Working with Spot Lights. House Project – Completing the Night Lighting.
Lesson 4: Custom Color Materials
Custom Fit to Object Materials. Custom Fixed Scale Materials. Tinting and Scaling Custom Texture Maps.
Lesson 5: Introduction to Bump Mapping – Brick and Concrete
Bump Mapping – Pebbled Glass. More Bump Mapping – Tiles and Textures. Introduction to Opacity Mapping. Starting the Retail Kiosk Interior Project.
Lesson 6: Introduction to Landscape Objects – Interior Project
Landscaping the House Project Plants. Landscaping the House Project - People. Landscaping the House Project – Trees. Landscaping with View Specific Layer Groups.
Lesson 7: Direct and Indirect Illumination Theory
Setting up Global Illumination and Final Gather. Global Illumination – Interior Project. Global Illumination – Exterior Project.
Lesson 8: Working with Premade Realistic Metals
Working with Chrome Finishes. Reflections and Ray Tracing – Polished Copper. Glossy Reflections and Reflection Mapping. Creating a Custom Advanced Metal – Gold.
Lesson 9: Introduction to Advanced Glass Materials
Working with Realistic Glass Materials. Working with Advanced Liquid Materials. Mapping Stone with Advanced Materials. Advanced Mapping for Water Features. Working with Self-Illumination Materials.
Lesson 10: Walk and Fly Navigation Settings
Creating Preview Animations. Creating Motion Path Animations.
Lesson 11: Customizing Basic Interface Options
Task–Based Work Spaces. Saving and Restoring Interface Settings with Profiles. Customizing Startup.
Lesson 12: Overview of Customization with the CUI Editor
Customizing the User Interface and Existing Tools. Custom Commands and Macros. Custom Toolbars.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.
** Outlines are subject to change, as courses and materials are updated. Software is not included with the purchase of the course, unless otherwise specified.
Students are responsible for the purchase and installation of the necessary course software. **